The ATN NVM14-HPT is a hand-held, head-mounted, helmet-mounted, or weapon-mounted Night Vision System that enables walking, driving, weapon firing, short-range surveillance, map reading, vehicle maintenance and administering first aid in both moonlight and starlight. Each unit allows for vertical adjustment (by using head straps), fore-and-aft adjustment, objective lens focus, and eyepiece focus. The Night Vision Device is also equipped with an infrared light-emitting source.
The ATN NVM14-HPT Night Vision Monocular utilizes the principle of intensification of the residual light which is reflected from the surrounding objects. The optical system of the Monocular consists of an objective lens, an Image Intensifier Tube and an eyepiece.
Even under unsteady brightness conditions, Automatic Brightness Adjustment System always keeps the IIT brightness level constant. The Automatic Protective System controls the existing illumination level through the photo receiver. If the illumination level surpasses 100-300 lx for the following 10 seconds, the Monocular will shut off automatically.
The eyepiece incorporates several LED indicators:
- Red - serves as an IR Illuminator Indicator and an Battery Low Indicator at a time.
- Green - serves as an Excessive Brightness Indicator. If the bright light remains unchanged for over 10 seconds after the indicator turns on, the Monocular will automatically shut-off.
- Compact, rugged design
- Weapon mountable
- Head or helmet mountable for hands-free usage
- Auto brightness control
- Bright light cut-off
- Ergonomic, simple, easy to operate controls
- Utilizes either CR123A lithium battery or AA Alkaline. Adapter included
- Compatible with most IR lasers
- Adaptable for use with cameras
- Total Darkness Technology with built-in Infrared illuminator and flood lens
- Battery Adapter included
- Optional patented Life Tracker System available for measuring hours of operation
- Limited two-year warranty
- Total Darkness IR System: Yes
- "SMART" Technology: No
- Multi-Purpose System: Yes
- IIT Generation HPT
- Photocathode Type: Multi - Alkali
- Resolution: 54-72 lp/mm
- Signal to Noise, minimum: 16-24
- Figure of Merit: 160 Typical
- MTTF - Mean Time Before Failure: 10,000 hours
- Magnification: 1x
- Lens System: F1.2, 27 mm
- Proshield Lens Coating: Yes
- FOV 40
- Range of Focus 0.25 m to infinity
- Diopter Adjustment: -6 to +2
- Controls Digital
- Automatic Brightness Control: Yes
- Bright Light Cut-off: Yes
- Automatic Shut-off System: Yes
- Infrared Illuminator: Yes (Built-in with flood lens)
- IR Indicator: Yes (in FOV)
- Low Battery Indicator: Yes (in FOV)
- Power Supply: (1) 3 V lithium, or (1) AA Alkaline
- Battery Life: 60 hrs
- Environmental Rating Waterproof
- MIL-STD-810 Complies
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +50 C
- Storage Temperature: -50 to +70 C
- Dimensions: 120x49x69 mm 4.7"x1.9"x2.7"
- Weight: 0.34 kg / 0.75 lbs