Armasight is excited to introduce its latest and most technologically advanced family of Predator thermal imaging weapon sights to the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets. The Predator product line is based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core. Each model of the line has optimizing performance, price, and state-of-the-art technology for a variety of uses and mission applications ranging from the seriously committed hunter to the military designated marksman. While primarily designed as a weapon scope, the Predator functions equally well in its collateral assignments as a magnified spotting scope or handheld thermal imager.
The Predator is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified dedicated weapon scope intended for day and night engagements without the need to remove the sight from the rifle. The 24/7 mission capability is just one of its many strengths. Thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. Unlike the use of laser targeting or near-infrared illumination to augment Night Vision equipment, the Predator thermal imaging weapon sight is extremely difficult to detect with other devices, as it emits no visible light or RF energy.
In addition to being the smallest and lightest in their class, Predator thermal imaging weapon sights are characterized by their simple and intuitive controls, functions, and features that are layered among direct button adjustments, direct combination button functions, and electronic menu selections. This "layering" of easy-to-understand control functions provides the operator with a framework for customizing his preferences and exploiting the robust variety of setting options available in the Predator. The Predator has a series of selectable color modes based on a rich, upgradeable software package. A wireless remote switch is included to activate the Predator thermal imaging weapon sight when positioned in the "standby" mode. The Predator has the ability to record videos with optional Digital Video Recorder and is also equipped with a video-out capability in operator selectable NTSC or PAL formats. The Predator uses the same multipin connector to provide video-in imagery, where there is a need for map or rangefinder display overlays, and external power access.
Predator weapon installation is easy, repeatable, and reliable based on a unique and highly user-friendly MIL-STD-1913/ Weaver/ Picatinny rail-compatible, quick-release locking mechanism. The solid state technology and software algorithms, combined with a complementary color reticle platform, ensures maximum reticle contrast, highlevel target accuracy, and boresight retention that cannot be achieved with mechanical boresight adjusters and traditional ballistic drums. This level of accuracy is translated into the electronic zoom (e-zoom) function of the Predator thermal imaging weapon sights, which can be progressively increased from 1x to 2x, 4x and 8x, without changing the point-of-aim to point of-impact relationship of the targeting reticle.
- The lightest and most compact scope in its class
- Optical Magnification: 1.5x
- The latest Tau 2 17-micron uncooled FLIR core technology
- Pixel Array Format: 640×512
- Display Type: LED VGA 640x480
- Easy and Intuitive Drop-down user interface
- Fast 30Hz or 60Hz imaging
- Digital E-Zoom: 1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x
- Imaging Filter Algorithms:
Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE)
Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE)
Smart Scene Optimization (SSO)
Information Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ)
Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction (SSN)
- Color Modes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various C
- 6 onboard digitally controlled reticle patterns available: "Dot 4 MOA", "Line Dot", "Cross-Center Dot", "Cross", "Crosshair", and "No Reticle",
- Reticle Colors: Black, White, Red, Cyan
- Electronic zoom reticle tracking capability maintaining boresight
- Extended Operation Time with Optional Extended Battery Pack
- Recording: Video Output /Optional Video Recorder with onboard replay
- Wireless remote control for tactical operations
- CNC machined aircraft-aluminum alloy construction
- Rapid start-up
- MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny Rail) Quick Release Mount
- Integral MIL-STD-1913 Rails on unit for optional day optics or accessories