Now Ernest Emerson brings his famous “Emerson ergonomics” to the kitchen with the Kershaw–Emerson Cook's Set. In fact, he had long wanted to bring his knife design principles to the kitchen. Partnering with Kershaw Knives, the Kershaw-Emerson Cook Set does just that.
The set includes three must-have kitchen knives: an 7.75" chef’s knife, a 4.25" paring knife, and a 7.25" bread knife. Describing his philosophy behind the kitchen knife designs, Emerson explains, “It must cut and it must be comfortable. Any function or design feature that does not add to those attributes simply makes the knife less functional."
In style, the Kershaw–Emerson Kitchen Set clearly shows its heritage—most especially in the handle design. Those familiar with Emerson design will easily recognize the characteristic handle shapes, time-tested for secure grip and function.
The blades are quality DIN 1.4116 stainless steel, sharpened to a razor-sharp 16° cutting angle on each side. Full-tang construction offers durability and balance, while textured glass-filled nylon handles provide lightweight maneuverability and easy cleaning.
My understanding of the relationship between blade, handle and the human hand has been the key in developing the most practical and sought-after designs in the history of the cutlery industry, says Emerson. “I have long wanted to apply those skills to kitchen cutlery design and that time has finally come.”
- Hunting: This knife is part of Kershaw’s series of hunting knives—for the toughness, durability, and edge-holding capabilities your next hunting trip demands.
- Fixed Blade: The knife does not fold closed; usually stored in a sheath or blade protector.
- Plastic Blade Protector
- 3-piece set includes the key knives every kitchen needs
- Steel: DIN 1.4116, satin finish
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon
- Blade length: Bread 7.25", Chef’s 7.75", Paring 4.25"
- Overall length: Bread 12.5"), Chef’s 13.25", Paring 8"