The wow factor is high with the distinctive Hops from Kershaw and custom knifemaker Gustavo Cecchini. Gus is one of the most sought-after custom knifemakers today. He is well known for his innovative knife technologies as well as the striking lines of his custom designs.
As its name might imply, the Hops is bottle opener-equipped—it's built right into the flipper. Close the knife and pop the cap off your favorite brew.
The Hops is a compact pocketknife with an 8CR13MoV blade of just under an 1.5". It’s the perfect size for pocket, purse, backpack, or messenger bag. Even though it's small, the Hops is a full-featured knife: SpeedSafe assisted opening, sturdy frame lock, and stainless steel handles. Both blade and handle get the Gus treatment with intriguing angles brought out by the two-tone, satin and titanium carbo-nitride, finish. The Hops is equipped with a reversible pocketclip and a lanyard hole—and that crazy clever bottle opener.
- Multifunction: Has multiple blades or tools, enabling it to perform multiple functions.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening: Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Flipper: May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle
- Frame Lock: A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, PVD coating with satin flats
- Handle: Steel, PVD coating with satin flats
- Blade length: 1.4"
- Closed length: 2.9"
- Open length: 4.75"
- Weight: 3.1 oz.