The Malt is one of two knives from Kershaw and custom knifemaker Gustavo Cecchini. It features Gus' characteristic sculpted style but also has an interesting feature that (we admit) just may have been inspired by the fine brew shared with Gus at the time: the Malt has a flipper that doubles as a handy bottle opener.
As one of the most sought-after custom knifemakers today, Gus is well known for his innovative knife technologies as well as the striking lines of his custom designs—clearly seen in the unique looks of the Malt.
The Malt measures in with a 3" blade and 7.1" overall length. It’s the right knife to EDC when you want your pocket bling to get a little attention. The Malt is SpeedSafe equipped, has a solid frame lock, and stainless steel handles. A two-tone treatment on blade and handle add to the Malt's distinctive look. The ever-so-clever flipper/bottle opener and a reversible pocketclip round out the Malt’s handy features.
- Multifunction: Has multiple blades or tools, enabling it to perform multiple functions.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening: Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Reversible: Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Flipper: May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Frame Lock: A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, PVD coating with satin flats
- Handle: Steel, PVD coating with satin flats
- Blade length: 3"
- Closed length: 4.3"
- Open length: 7.1"
- Weight: 4.6 oz.