Where have I seen that profile before? That’s right. The Kershaw Natrix is based on brother brand Zero Tolerance’s 0770, which itself was inspired by the award-winning ZT 0777. The design has—apparently—been the envy of certain other knifemakers. And now Kershaw is taking it back.
Kershaw’s Natrix features a drop-point blade of 8Cr13MoV that offers solid performance with good edge-holding and easy resharpening. The stonewashed blade finish looks good and even helps hide use scratches. Accessed with the built-in flipper, SpeedSafe assisted opening makes it easy to open the Natrix one-handed so it’s always ready when you need it. The handle is lightweight G-10, 3D-machined and chamfered to fit comfortably in the hand. An oversized pivot provides an attention-grabbing detail on the front of the knife, while the patented Sub-Frame Lock secures the blade and provides a dramatic, contrasting line on the back.
The Sub-Frame Lock design also enables us to lighten the weight of the Natrix, so that you get a big, useful blade in a knife that still weighs in at a mere 2.9 ounces. A decorative aluminum backspacer lightens the load even further and adds another embellishment. Finally, a custom-designed deep-carry pocketclip echoes the lines of a special recess machined into the handle to complete this good-looking knife.
- Flipper: May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle
- Sub-Frame Lock: One side of a lightweight handle, or frame, is fitted with a steel plate integral to the frame; it is the part of the frame that moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. Sub-Frame Lock knives can be larger and lighter knife yet with an extremely secure lock.
- Deep Carry
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening: Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Reversible: Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Reversible deep-carry (left/right, tip-up) pocketclip
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, stonewashed finish
- Handle: G-10
- Blade length: 3.25"
- Closed length: 4.25"
- Open length: 7.5"
- Weight: 2.9 oz.